Thursday, October 7, 2010

wHo LeT tHe DoGs OuT??


Hey, everyone! So, yesterday I came home from the chiropractors' office and to my surprise the back gate was blown wide open! I immediately started calling Rousseau's name and opened the front door to see if she was wondering out there. After driving around for an hour I received two leads...earlier in the day she was spotted in the neighborhood. One man actually saw her with a police officer who was trying to figure out where she lived. We were certain the the dog the man described was in fact Rousseau so we called our local sheriffs office and were directed to the HCPHES- Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services. Of course the HCPHES does not update their data base till 7:30pm and at the time it was 4:00pm....so we played the waiting game for three and half hours. As the clocks turning 7:45 I'm clicking my way to their website and there's my girl about nine down from the top...and might I add...the only one with her canine smile on and her tail wagging! Of course the tears started to flow again and then I felt totally at ease knowing she was safe and not "dog napped" yep...look it up! (one of my leads warned me of this...because her dog was a victim) I called the shelter at nine am and was informed of the "bond" and "visiting hours". 


This morning:


1) Pick up my mom's truck to transport her.
2) Pets Mart for a new leash and lead.
3) Go to the vet to get proof of immunizations.
4) Pick my baby up at 1:00




Okay...I'll let the pictures speak for them selves....but this was a "ruff" part of town! (sorry I couldn't help it)




Some of my favorite pictures of Rousseau 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my girl, detective, bounty hunter and mommy, all in one.

Post a Comment